Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Home is where your heart is!

Imani and I have moved into Harper Joy! The plan is to stay the summer and see how it works for us. After a week, so far so good! Everything has a place and there is a place for everything. Putting them there is key :)  We brought what we needed and our other stuff went to storage or an aunts house to use when we are visiting. Imani was a little scared of the (composting) toilet at first, but has now mastered it. 

Living in Harper Joy has been a dream of mine for nearly 5 years. It was June 2009 when I saw Elizabeth Turnbull's tiny home featured in a magazine and September 2009 when I decided to build my own. I am happy to finally be fulfilling this dream with my girl. It's important to me that she understand simple living and how community works. She loves her people more than stuff, and she only knows spending lots of time with family, but living in the tiny home will make it a reality. She currently thinks nothing of the tiny house, besides wanting to show people. It's got everything we need and we spend about the same amount of time here as we did at the 'big' house. 

                     Our first night!

We still need to build front stairs, come up with a better ladder system to the loft, and finish the floor. But we are living in our tiny house and we feel right at HOME!


Dear Jesus,
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity that you have given Imani and I to live in Harper Joy.  I am so excited to share this experience with her; to teach her living simply by actually doing it and about community. I've said it before, I can't believe I'm the girl in this story. My beautiful daughter, my tiny home, and a family that loves us immeasurably. Thank you for your faithfulness, your provision, and your plans that are always better than mine! Please give us patience and grace to live in such a small space together. Help me to remember she's only 5 and still has so much to learn. Give me the knowledge and wisdom to teach her well and lead her to you. 

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments: