Monday, August 25, 2008

One Little Heartbeat at a Time- Steven Curtis Chapman

Meet one of my closest and best friends, Allison. Al and I are so very much the same and yet, we are so different. She is as honest with me as anyone ever has been, she encourages me, praises me, listens to me and on occasion scolds me, but all the while, she is right beside me and along for this ride we call friendship. I can call Al at 1am with a problem or in the middle of the day to ask a favor. She rescued my pets -Laz the cat during college and Sydney the dog most recently, when I failed as a responsible pet owner. I don't feel so bad because my pets move on up in the world...its good to be a pet of Allison's! Well really, it's good to be anything of Allison's! She is thoughtful and caring, brilliant and beautiful. Everything a girl could want in a friend.

In January, Allison became a Mom. If there is one thing she does better than being a friend, its being a Mom. I am so proud of her. She seamlessly juggles motherhood, teaching, taking care of a home, being a great wife, sister, daughter, mother, aunt, daughter-in-law, and my friend! I heard this song and thought of her and wanted to acknowledge her in this way.

Pause the music at the bottom of the page before playing. Enjoy!


No comments: