Monday, August 18, 2008

"Tarsha, Peter and I would love to offer you the position!"

And of course, I accepted! I am now Nanny Tarsha to Aliya and Matthew, not only Drew, Hannah, Liam, Isaac, Damon, etc!
Annie called me this morning to say that she thought I was a great fit for their family and they would love to have me as their nanny. I was/am so excited! We chatted logistics and it looks like I will move down the weekend of Sept. 12/13.
I'll have three weeks off to start school, work on my Capstone project, lay in the sun, and spend time with my friends and family before I embark on this new adventure. I feel so very blessed to be in such a great space and place in my life. One month ago I was wondering how I would survive with only a 5 hour a week position with two puppies and now I have a full time position in MA with a great family and my puppies have great homes too! (Thank you Allison and the Herrick's!!)

I originally wanted to interview with a few families so I had options, but after meeting this family it seemed right. I said to myself, "Self, why complicate matters, waste time, and fix something that isn't broken? TAKE THIS POSITION IF THEY OFFER IT TO YOU!" Or maybe that was Him speaking to me, I just really like to think I have all the good ideas! :)

I am very happy to be moving to MA and I hope to have lots of company. If you have children, great bring them! If you have a husband, great bring him too! No, not to go shopping and talk kid stuff...my new home is thisclose to two golf courses, so we'll send him there! You can take the train to Worcester, drive down, stay the night or spend a day. It is a 2 hour and 15 minute ride from Minot to Boylston.

Did I mention I am SOOOO excited?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea you! I'm excited for you and I'll have to take a train ride to visit you when we both have a weekend off! I'll miss you but I'm happy you found this experience!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tarsha! It sounds like this will be a good fit for you! We will miss you!
Kristen