Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Elizabeth Gilbert Talk

So I didn't get any pictures or my book signed by Elizabeth, but I had a grand time listening to her speak! She is very witty and well articulated. She told stories about the process of writing and the creative writer within and then answered questions. I found out she married the Brazilian guy whom she met and wrote about in Eat, Pray, Love. This was my favorite part, next to Matt being one of about 4 guys in the audience of course! There were about 3,000 people, which mainly consisted of women ranging in age from 30 to 60, with a few men sprinkled in. Even Elizabeth made mention of the few men in the audience and thanked them! LOL...this made me feel like a million bucks - the girl who got a guy to come with her - but it might have made Matt a bit uncomfortable. One woman asked him if he had a brother and told me I was lucky. I replied with a big smile, "He sent me the book so I invited him to see her." He blushed and wanted to disappear! Thanks for sending me Elizabeth Gilbert's books and for coming with me to see her Matt!

I am home in Maine today working on my Literature Review. I have class at 5:30pm so I am at school working hard...or is it hardly working? I got to have lunch with Allison's men! Thanks Mike D. for lunch and Mike R. for bringing Damon to see me!! I love that little man!!

Back to Massachusetts tonight after class...

No comments: