Sunday, September 21, 2008

5am is VERY Early! And its still VERY dark out!

This weekend I played nanny to my niece Hannah (5) and nephew Drew (2), my sister Tanya's children. My brother-by-law Ryan is a star employee and was being recognized at an award dinner in Boston! They went down for 2 nights and I stayed with the children at their house.
Let me tell you a little bit about Tanya and Ryan's children - they get up VERY early! It was 4:57am on Saturday morning when I heard the pitter patter of little feet come to my bed. "I'mhungeeIwantminiwheats." When I didn't respond right away, (but instead tried to bring him into bed with me to cuddle, in the hopes of catching a few more minutes of warmth and quiet) he felt the need to repeat himself a little louder right in my face. "ImhungeeaunttarshyIwantminiwheats!"
So mini wheats it was at 5am and we were out of the house by 7! We went to Turner to let Allison's dogs out, went to Walmart (at Drew's request), went to Hannah's field hockey practice, and got new tires on my car, all by 11am. This was very exciting for Drew because he loves anything tools/cars related, and this being a combination of both - very intriguing!
We met Dave and Jaimee (1 of my 2 best friends) and my Mom at Wallingford's Apple Orchard in Auburn. These pictures depict the scenery there Saturday afternoon. Drew dislikes the camera (his mom is the paparazzi) so he refuses to look and Hannah was being silly. There was a festival going on with pony rides and face painting. Drew could have cared less about the ponies or face painting, the tractor that brings you into the orchard captured his attention and he wanted to be near it ASAP. Apple cider, apple dumplings, donuts to die for - who needs 'em when you have a tractor at the Apple Orchard?
My Mom made me a birthday cake and brought it to the orchard. Thank you Mom! That was sweet! Thank you Jaimee for my beautiful bracelet! I see more of those in my future...a few girls I know loved it!
Drew let me sleep until 5:30 this morning. He was generous with that extra 30 minutes. :) I am one sleepy Aunt, but so happy to have spent the weekend with some of my favorite little (and big) people! I received many nice gifts and birthday wishes from my family and friends. I feel very blessed to be happy and healthy at the beginning of my 27th year and to have such AMAZING people in my life.

Dear God,
THANK YOU for the blessings that you bestow upon me each and every day, starting with my health, my family and my friends that care for and so much about me. Thank you for my job, my car (with no car payment so I can afford the gas), my cell phone (that keeps me in touch with all my people) and for the opportunity to pay back student loans because it means I had the chance to go to college. Thank you for the little people you placed in my life to teach me and put a smile on my face, even at 5am. Thank you for the opportunities I have to look forward to in the coming year and I know you'll be there through the storms.
Please be with my sister Tricia as she starts her new job this week and with my sister Tracy and brother-by-law Ben as they pack their stuff and move closer to me. Please be near me Lord this week as I travel.
In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: