Monday, December 22, 2008
No go for Guatemala Trip...next year though!
Our flight got delayed 5 hours (due to the HUGE winter storm) on Saturday morning, which made us miss our connecting flight from Houston to Guatemala City. The next flight was later that evening, but it would have brought us to Guatemala via Panama!? That would have taken 17+ hours, and put us in Guatemala Sunday night, for only 2 days. There is supposed to be a storm in New England on Christmas Eve Day, the day we were flying back. Quite frankly, I wanted to be spending Christmas in Maine, not at a Houston airport. We opted to cancel the trip until the new year. This way I will plan to meet people from Safe Passage and stay longer. We were sad for a few minutes and then decided it was for the best really.