Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Photos of my girl!


I got 6 photos of my girl on Monday morning! What a way to start the week. She got the photos I sent of my family, friends and I so she is looking at them in one photo :)  I guess she finally knows about me.
I went on the website for the children's home she lives at and found her in all their photos as well.  She's got a BEAUTIFUL smile and the sweetest little face. One photo simultaneously broke my heart and made me smile. I can hardly wait to love, nurture, teach and let her just be a child.



This wait has been nothing but peaceful and calm.  I would never have imagined I'd be so at ease with waiting on something or someone. And the unknown about when I'll be getting on a plane to cross the ocean for a month or more and then meet my daughter, strangely does not have me in a panic.  It's almost surreal.  

I had a moment this weekend where I was brought to tears by lyrics.  Mercy Me's You Are I Am had me singing along and thinking about how blessed I am to know Jesus.  Then I sang "you take the orphan's hand..."   Tears. He's BIG.

You're the one who conquers giants
You're the one who calls out kings
You shut the mouths of lions
You tell the dead to breathe
You're the one who walks through fire
You take the orphan's hand
You are the one Messiah
You are I am
You are I am

He is taking this little orphan's hand in Uganda and allowing me to become her mom.  He is trusting me to be His hands and feet like I've prayed He would.  Except, while I prayed He would use me in a bigger way than I could ever imagine with my passion for Africa and orphans, it's really different to realize HE IS SENDING ME TO AFRICA AND UTILIZING ME TO CARE FOR AN ORPHAN FOR LIFE! Like this month maybe, or in 2 months time! He is making me a mother.  He is placing a tremendous responsibility, a huge blessing, and great and beautiful miracle of life into my life.  I'm overwhelmed and in awe.  This won't be easy, this won't even be pretty at times, but I am jumping in with all I have to give.  

Here I am Lord.  Send me. 

No comments: