Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Things I've learned in Africa...

Patience. Seriously, I'm being patient here!

I don't want to be a stay at home mom, just a mom at her own home!

There is only One who knows my future, and it's NOT me! I don't think I learned this here, it just keeps hitting me HEAD ON. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!

My mother (and sisters) wished a child like me on me, and I think I got her! :)

Rice can be eaten for all meals. 

Loving something doesn't mean you always have to like it. 

Christians are not always Christ like. Again, I don't think I learned this here, it just keeps hitting me HEAD ON. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!

Children can spot trustworthy people and the sketchy ones alike. My daughter has got a great sense for this and I'm following her lead here from now on.  

I'm so blessed with what I have. What I want or need pales in comparison with I have. 

I'm not homesick, just ready to come home. Or at least know when that is!

No comments: