Monday, September 15, 2008

First Day on the Job - This is how I teach...



By playing with food, of course. I picked Matthew up from preschool and he wanted goldfish. In searching for them I found Trader Joe's graham crackers. These were no ordinary graham crackers though, they came in the shape of LETTERS!!

Don't worry, Matthew got his goldfish, but he also got 7 graham crackers that spelled out his name. We couldn't forget his sister, so we spelled Aliya as well. We had to borrow an A from Matthew to do that, but it was returned to his name after the picture was taken. I didn't want to be left out, and after all, this was a teaching moment, so we spelled my name too!

I also spelled Stellan, a baby boy who was fighting for his life about 6 weeks ago. He is still safe in Mommy's womb with lots of people praying he stays there for about 6 more weeks. People from all over the world have been sending his Mommy his name spelled with different things. I wanted to do it so his Mommy would know a girl from Maine was thinking about her son too! Check out the blog and the name gallery. And do try this at home; it is very fun, educational and YUMMY too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Trader Joes I can't wait to get back there. And you mentioned to check out the blog but you did not provide it??? Whats up with that? How was day two? Love ya