Thursday, October 30, 2008

United Tour:Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman

We got back stage passes to meet Michael W. Smith. It was a great show! They teased each other and sang each others hits. Steven sang his song 'Cinderella' and talked about Maria, his 5 year old daughter who passed away in May. This song was written before she died, but has new meaning for him. Three weeks ago he danced with his oldest daughter Emily at her wedding, while his son Caleb sang it.
She spins and she sways to whatever song plays,
Without a care in the world.
And I'm sittin' here wearin' the weight of the world on my shoulders.
It's been a long day and there's still work to do,
She's pulling at me saying "Dad I need you!
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited and I need to practice my dancin''
"Oh please, daddy, please!"
So I'll dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I'll dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says "Dad, the prom is just one week away,
And I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"
So I'll dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I'll dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
She will be gone.
Well, she came home today
With a ring on her hand
Just glowin' and tellin' us all they had planned
She says "Dad, the wedding's still six months away, but I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy please!"
So I'll dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I'll dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
~Steven Curtis Chapman
During the concert I kept thinking about Matthew 18:20. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Indeed there were many gathered in His name, and we know he is faithful.

1 comment:

Linda said...

how awesome is that!! Good for you!! I'm SO jealous!! :) They are two of my favorites!!