Thursday, October 9, 2008

"Why aren't you married?" and "How come you don't have kids?"

Matthew has asked me these questions repeatedly since I have been here. I'm not sure yet if he wishes I did so that I'd have some other kids to feed healthy food to, or if he really just wants me to be paired off. At first he offered his father up, but quickly did a take back because his dad is his and Aliya's father. Right, not to mention he already has a wife which takes him off the market, but I'm glad we got that settled! Then he called my niece and nephews my kids for a few days. "Do your kids have hot wheels cars? Do you take your kids apple picking?" I explained that I was only their aunt and that those children in the pictures have a mommy and daddy. So this week he asked me again, as if the answer is going to change right?!
So it came to me that I don't have a husband because there isn't a man with just the right combination of my father, my brother-in-laws, and some of my male friends, YET. My mother has always said that I see the world through rose colored glasses, so this ones for you Mom. My knight in shining armor is still a boy in aluminum foil. He is still learning the tricks of the trade, and when he grows into a man and earns his knighthood, I'm sure he'll be right along to join me and we'll compliment each other nicely :)

I do know one thing though...
"A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek him in order to find her."

I'm not in a hurry, I don't have too high of expectations, and quite frankly, I am OK being single. I need a blanket statement for the children in my life though. They seem to be the only ones concerned!

No comments: