Saturday, October 11, 2008

You are only as old as you feel

I crochet and this is my current project. I started this afghan for Matthew on Thursday. I was making one with all my leftover yarn and decided Miss Aliya would be the lucky recipient. When Matthew asked what I was making, I told him and then asked if he wanted one too. He was very excited and said yes! So we went to Walmart and he picked out the colors for his afghan. Well actually he picked out the teal color you see, and red?! I explained about matching colors and gave him more choices (ones I liked of course) and he chose these colors. I love watching his eyes light up and grow wide when he sees it growing! "Its getting bigger and bigger Tarsha!"

All my people say crocheting is an old lady project, but I find it to be very relaxing and rewarding. Its mindless, my fingers work fast, and I get instant gratification when I see the fruit of my labor! I'll keep you posted as it gets bigger and bigger! :)

No comments: