Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Name

The boy wrote my name today. Well he started to, then asked me to write it, and then he copied it below. He's learning though! We are working REALLY hard at him being able to identify his letters. Once he can, we will go see Madagascar 2 at the movie theatre and eat popcorn, candy and soda. "Do I know them yet?" he says all the time, as if its going to magically be in there all of a sudden. I laugh when I look at his little squiggly letters and can hear him saying (whether it be calling or YELLING to me) "TOSH-A, I need you!" He says it so cute and has been referring to me by name more and more lately, as opposed to just demanding things and hoping I know its me who he is addressing. (It all goes back to the fact that I am not Joycie...)

I got an email from my sister Tanya last night and it was so precious, I just have to share it here! My Drew-Drew as we call him, is at the other end of the spectrum from Matthew. He LOVES me big! I get these phone calls and I hear this little voice saying "Come see me" or "I love you Aunt Tarsha."

Drew‏
From: Tanya Downing-Smith

Sent: Wed 11/19/08 7:39 PM
To:
TarshaDowning@hotmail.com

Drew told me tonight that he didn't want me to pick him up- he was waiting for Tarsha.... :) Also, he didn't have any interest in his preschool writing today -until Amanda said to do it for Tarsha, then he got busy! :) Drew loves his Tarshy! :)

Oh the little boys in my life. :)

No comments: